Chrome is an award-winning production company producing ground-breaking and inspiring commercials for the world’s leading brands. With long-standing clients including Ford, Sotheby’s, Standard Chartered and Tui, we pride ourselves on our creativity, our expertise in brands & marketing and above all our ruthless pursuit for excellence.
The Company has shown strong growth in recent years to a total headcount of 17 staff in London and has just opened its first international office in Los Angeles, US. We are now recruiting an experienced Financial Controller to build out and oversee the finance functionality across the group. You will report directly to the CEO, and work closely with the Head of Operations, production team and the US Office to ensure the efficient running of this part of the business. You will benefit from the support of a part time bookkeeper but will be expected to have your own ideas as to how best to run and grow this department.
Key Initial Tasks include:
• Production of monthly management accounts and reporting to senior management team.
• Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements.
• Maintaining 2-3 year P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow forecasts.
• Ensuring compliance with all UK and US corporate filing requirements.
• Overall responsibility for payroll in UK and US, including management of the pension scheme, PAYE and VAT returns.
• Ownership of project reconciliations, ensuring final costs are reconciled to budgets in a timely manner.
• Overall responsibility for Group’s Xero accounts.
• Design and implementation of finance processes in both the UK and US.
• Creation of annual budgets together with CEO and Head of Operations.
• Working with UK and US accountants to ensure compliance with all city, state and federal taxes are reported and paid correctly.
In time, this role will grow to likely include:
• Input and assistance with pay reviews and new benefits.
• Design and implementation of EMI scheme and US Share option scheme.
• Assisting with new debt or equity funding rounds.
• Assisting with production of a transfer pricing agreement between the UK and the US.
• Recruitment of additional finance personnel.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least 3 years post-qualified experience, strong attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
Your background should include relevant experience in both the UK and US, ideally in a creative agency / production company, although we will consider applicants from other sectors if they have appropriate UK/US experience. We are also happy to consider flexible working for the right candidate.
Chrome offers its senior staff a generous benefits package including family health insurance and, life cover of 5x salary.
Salary on request.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org